I’ve been pretty busy the last couple of weeks, and I have neglected my quasi-routine updates here. Allow this post to suffice as an update.
- Last Wednesday, thanks to my better half, I saw and enjoyed The Rivalry at Ford’s Theatre in Washington, DC. If you consider yourself a student of American history, I highly recommend it. The play is a dramatization of the Lincoln-Douglas debates as both of them vied for the one of the seats for Illinois in the US Senate. The language used by both Lincoln and Douglas during the debate portions of the play is accurate, while the rest of the play is a dramatization as seen through the eyes of Douglas’ widow, Adele.
- Work has been, as usual of late, extremely busy.
- My taxes are done, and with it, my refunds are now in hand. I finally splurged on myself, purchasing a long-needed (and desired) HD LCD TV–a Samsung LN46B750–and a new univeral remote–a Logitech Harmony 700. My splurging is now complete, and I have been able to enjoy programming in HD. Why did I wait so long?
- The winter weather around here has been to my liking. I do take exception, though, to the snowfall occurring on weekends as opposed to a weekday. Enough with the Saturday snowstorms.
- This weekend, I am off to Boston for the Beanpot. Again, it would appear I will be seeing BU in the Beanpot final after their defeat of Northeastern by a score of 2-1 in the first round last night.