Not much time to post on everything, but here is everything that has gotten some of my attention lately:
- LATFH – Look at this f!@#$ing hipster
- Anyone who is familiar with my distaste for all things hipster can understand my newfound appreciation of this Tumblog.
- Windows 7
- The “early bird” offer expired on Saturday, but those of us who participated in the Windows 7 Beta and Release Candidate “programs” had the opportunity to purchase Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional for $49 and $99, respectively. I opted for Windows 7 Home Premium, and based on my experience with the RC, I am looking forward to the final version. I actually purchased my advance copy from Costco.com with my membership, and the upgrade price was even cheaper.
- Windows 3.11
- Thanks to the generosity of Evan, I have floppy disks containing Windows 3.11. In what may wind up being a very small yet entertaining project, I am going to see if I can install Win 3.11 in a virtual machine. The event will either be highly entertaining or frustrating.
- Getting Single Page Views on baltimoresun.com
- In the redesign of baltimoresun.com, it looks like they have incorporated two terrible elements in a brazen attempt to garner pageviews. One of these elements is an incredibly annoying ad on the first page of the site. The second element, however, is the obfuscation of single-page viewing of their longer articles. So, my new quest is to find a way to utilize baltimoresun.com in a way that gets me the content I want. One thing that is sure to happen is adoption of AdBlock Plus in Firefox (again). The other thing, though, is a way to set my browser identification to something that will just give me text back. The latter is going to take some more effort.